Monday, August 10, 2009

My Way East (and South)


I leave tomorrow to head to Alabama. It looks like my flight goes straight to Bham. The booking of this flight is a story in persistence. I went to Delta online and found a flight that was $118 one way to Bham. There wasn't a lot of information about the flight, so I decided to chat with a Delta agent to see where the layover was. Nothing goes from here to Bham direct. She told me Atlanta. As soon as I got the info, I tried to buy the ticket, but I had timed out and by the time I logged back in, it was gone. There was nothing under $265. We looked at Expedia, and it said the ticket at the cheap rate was there, but when I tried to buy it, same thing, no ticket for under $265. While I was on the phone with someone, mom persisted and got the fabulously inexpensive ticket on Priceline. Yippee! My only hope is there are no loop holes I find out about tomorrow. The traveling adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment