Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In Pendleton, Oregon


We left Lava Hot Springs this morning, and we were ready. It was good place to hang out for a few days, but it was time to go. We have had quite an adventure, but I miss my dogs and my friends and mom is ready to get settled into Portland. We probably could have made it all the way, but we were tired and so was the car. At our last fill up spot, we noticed the Corolla was making a weird knocking noise. When we checked the oil, the dipstick came up dry! Yikes! We filled it with 3 quarts and decided only to go as far as Pendleton. No worries, we think she's fine, just exhausted. She's getting a checkup on our return.

We had a great dinner at Hamley's Steakhouse. Mom and I shared a Salmon entree and had a great Oregon salad with a variety of greens (yea, no iceberg lettuce!), hazelnuts, and marionberry vinaigrette. Fabulously Oregon! Tomorrow....HOME!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, if the car is exhausted, what about "Gloria"? Have you been talking with her lately or or not? I bet Pam knows the way to go straight to Portland. I know you will be glad to get home. Do you know how much farther it is to Portland from Pendleton? That salad sounded good and I surely would like to try some of the marionberry vinaigrette. Mmmmmmmm!
    Sis, it won't be long until you will be in your new home and I know you are getting excited to move in and get settled. Hear we go again, plese take some pictures of your house and send them to me. I would love to see all your new furniture and new kitchen and new washer and dryer. Isn't that going to be exciting?? Love you both, Maxie

    ReplyDelete