Friday, August 14, 2009

From Bham to St. Louis

Pam mentioned Gloria, but not why she has become a real member of this trip. As those of you who have a GPS know, she talks to us. Whenever we got off the highway to get gas, eat, or use the bathroom, she got upset. "Turn left, turn left!!" We really expected her to curse us at some point. That kept us laughing. But the one that capped it was when I was in the bathroom (I always take her with me in my purse when I leave the car so nobody will take her). While I was in there, she said "losing satellite". I thought somebody was talking to me. Pam got so tickled when I told her and we just died laughing. We have wondered if some of them have men's voices - we know how men hate to take directions from women. But she really did her job when we got in St. Louis getting us to the hotel. I know I am going to love her in Portland and she will keep us on the right road to there (and keep us entertained at the same time). We haven't done anything in St. Louis yet. We plan to do the arch and some walking around the city this morning before we leave on our next leg.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all this information from yawl!!! It makes me feel like I'm on the trip with you and, you know what, I wish I were right there in the back seat, if I could get my big fanny in there. I have read the blog from the beginning and it is just wonderful. Please let me know how the arch affected you being up so high and then looking down. WHOA!! Love you and keep the blog coming, Maxie Tell Gloria hello and to keep you safe and laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete