Sunday, August 16, 2009

Boulder-Day 2


We had another great day in Boulder-shopping, eating, and sightseeing. Some of you know how much I love the literary work of the Beat Poets. Well, Naropa University is here and right next to our hotel. Naropa is a "Buddhist inspired, contemplative education" university. Allen Ginsberg was instrumental in starting the school and the emphasis is on peace and the environment. I was pretty excited to be on campus. Otherwise in Boulder, the day was absolutely perfect weather-wise and the food....fantastic. Trout tacos at lunch were the highlight and everyone at Zolo's Grill was so friendly and cool. We had the pool to ourselves when we got back to the hotel and then we took a soak. Mom kicked my butt at travel backgammon, and after Chinese delivery, we are settling in and will get ready in the morning to move on to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, you look great and I know you enjoyed going to the University. Girl, trout tacos sound mighty fine to me!! What else was on them?? It was great that you had good weather because sometimes it can get kinda rough in CO. Are you still taking alot of pictures - I know I'm going to drive you crazy about pictures but I will be able to enjoy your trip also when I see everything. You know what I mean? How far do you have to travel to get to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho? I am anxious (I hope I spelled that right) to know how many miles you have traveled when you get to Portland? I will look for your blog tomorrow evening and yawl be careful--Love you, Maxie

    ReplyDelete