Thursday, August 20, 2009

In Portland

Well, we made it to Portland today after an overnight in a Motel 6 in Pendleton, Oregon. Pam and I have been sharing the cost of the lodgings and I took the Motel 6! Cheapest one we stayed in all week - lucky for me. Pendleton is a very neat old town, and we had the best meal of our whole week. Northwest Salmon and a great Oregon salad. We are going to take my car to the shop tomorrow for service, and have lunch with mine and Pam's friend, Leslie, and her precious little girl, Addi. They have made me feel so welcome in Portland. I have a lot to do before I move in my apartment. I don't start my rent until September 1 and I probably won't move everything in until after Labor Day. I am glad to be at Pam's and this is the end of the blog. I will keep up with everybody through Facebook and e-mail.

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed the blog and I hope to be in Greensboro sometime this week and, if this is not deleted, I will print it out for Ella. I want a copy also. I'm very excited that you are in Portland and, like I've said before, if you can find a "cheap" flight, maybe Luke and I could fly out there. I love you and Happy Landing------write soon about your new apartment and send pictures of it. Love you, Maxie

    ReplyDelete